Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Welcome back to all my little Falcons! It seems that we all had a great and much-needed holiday break, and now we're back ready to put our noses to the grindstone! Well, maybe we're not all totally ready for the grindstone....but, we're back, nonetheless.

I want to give a warm blogger welcome to Mrs. Pettigrew, our new student teacher for the next seven weeks. You all met her today and I think she is going to be a wonderful asset to our team for the next month and a half. We need to get a picture of her online.

This week we are taking the pulse of our knowledge-base. We have taken the released 7th grade TCAP Social Studies test from 2010, and as we began reviewing our answers today, I realized that I was pleasantly surprised by the initial results for most classes. Now the work begins to fill in the rest of the gaps (we have 4 more SPI's to cover) and to begin the review process. You know, I am pretty proud to be the teacher of such a smart group of boys and girls. Many of you amazed me with the logic of your reasoning today when explaining why you chose a particular answer.

We will finish the test review up tomorrow and then begin our study of world leaders and government models on Friday. See you in the morning!  

10 comments:

  1. thanks and i think it'll be fun to have her in our classes the next few weeks

    -maddie jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. im gonna try 2 make even higher tcap score this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. margaret hamer just posted

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay to mrs. pettigrew!!!!!
    no!!!to TCAP practice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Mrs. Pettigrew is great! I just finished studying the world leaders of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, India, Russia, and China. I hope I pass the quiz on them tomorrow! -Allie Haynes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Wing! :)
    I totally failed that quiz. The Russian part was the hardest. :(

    -Divya Prasad

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY NEW YEAR people!!! wow...that's a really late comment...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I get an even better grade this year on Tcap.

    -Eve Abraha

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like tacos but not tcap- Mo Pruitte

    ReplyDelete
  10. for andy ma it is going to be a wretched year like the last one

    ReplyDelete